Have you been an attendee or participant at Discover Brigham (DB) in the past and enjoyed it? Did you wish that your specific scientific domain or a research topic exciting to your community had been featured as part of the day? Is your department planning to host an educational or research event in the upcoming year? If yes, find out more below about how the Brigham Research Institute (BRI) is opening the planning process for Discover Brigham to include a wider swath of our researchers, clinicians and staff!
In the interest of representing the topics and issues most relevant to the BWH community at Discover Brigham (November 12, 2020), the BRI is excited to launch a call for proposals for DB 2020. Through this call, we are inviting our researchers, clinicians and staff here to submit ideas focused on research and/or clinical innovation for sessions and/or demos at this annual showcase of all the leading-edge subjects that BWH excels at or aspires to. Come up with your best idea(s) and the BRI will provide all the logistical support necessary to execute your vision for a session or demo at Discover Brigham!
- The call for proposals will be open to all BWH departments, researchers, clinicians and staff.
- Each individual or department can put forward up to 3 ideas for sessions/demos.
- Each session will get at least 50 minutes in Bornstein Family Amphitheater from 1:00 – 5:00 PM on the hour.
- The demos will be located throughout the hospital in the common spaces (ex. Mezzanine near Gift Shop).
- The demos take place (same time as poster session and lunch) from 11:00 AM – 12:50 PM.
- BRI leadership will evaluate and prioritize applications based on criteria described in this call.
- Successful applicant(s) will be responsible for the content of their session and/or demo including coming up with speakers/panelists and coordinating with them. The BRI will be responsible for providing logistical support during the planning process and on the day of Discover Brigham on November 12, 2020 as well as for publicizing the sessions and demos.
Jan 13, 2020
Call for proposals issued
March 23, 2020
Proposal submissions due
early April, 2020
Each session/demo chair will meet with BRI staff
May 4, 2020
Applicants can withdraw by this deadline
May 18, 2020
Session description, title and list of potential speakers/panelists due
May 18, 2020
Demo description, title, participants, and separate survey completed
July 13, 2020
Session participants, format and content confirmed
Run of show calls with BRI staff
Session and demo promotions commence
Nov 12, 2020