The Larner College of Medicine Dean's Advisory Committee on Diversity & Inclusion (DACDI) makes recommendations to the Dean and works in support of creating a diverse and inclusive community. DACDI acts as a catalyst and advocate in furthering the college's goal of creating a community of mutual engagement for all identity groups.
The Committee is comprised of members from throughout the College, and its affiliates and will:
• Research, monitor and report on institutional efforts
• Identify needs and areas of concern
• Propose policies and programs
• Collaborate with campus organizations
• Monitor effectiveness of policies and initiatives
• Attend monthly DACDI meetings (remote attendance is acceptable when on away rotations).
• Participate on at least one of the standing sub-committees (Education & Curriculum, Faculty/Staff Development & Recruitment, Admissions & Outreach, Measurement & Evaluation).
• Represent DACDI and its initiatives to students and communicate DACDI news, discussion, and actions back to the COM community.
* Participate (as available) in diversity and inclusion related programming at the College of Medicine, including Finding Our Common Ground new student orientation programming (August), ComCares community service activities and interview day activities.
The total time commitment per month to participate on DACDI is approximately three hours. This includes one full Committee monthly meeting, (1.5 hours) and participation on at least one of our subcommittees and/or diversity related events.
Students may serve on the committee for up to four years.
If you have any questions, concerns, or need further information, please contact Tiffany Delaney at (802) 656-2267 or
For more information about the Office of Diversity & Inclusion, visit our website at www.uvm.edu/medicine/diversity-inclusion or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.