Call for expression of interest to mentor emerging "enviropreneurs"
GreenMatter and The South African Young Water Professionals (YWP-ZA) on behalf of the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), is inviting our alumni and members of the public to participate in the 2020 Imvelisi Ideation Bootcamp. A programme to support the development of Environmental Entrepreneurs for South Africa.
We require the services of our alumni and any other member of the public to participate voluntarily in the programme. We look to inculcate a culture of mentoring in entrepreneurship throughout the Green Economy, therefore we do not pay for these services, but instead humbly ask for your voluntary time and effort in helping to grow a generation of strong entrepreneurs and well connected entrepreneurial ecosystems. This is especially with regards to mentoring and supporting young entrepreneurs throughout the various stages of the competition and beyond. This mentoring could take on the following forms:
- Assist the entrepreneur with environment or sustainability related technical advice on their business idea. Provided by technical experts in the green economy.
- Or a business mentor assisting the entrepreneur in business related advice from any business background.
- Are you able to offer mentoring support for an individual for 8-10 hours, over a 6 weeks period?
The Bootcamp will be conducted online, thereafter participants that have gone through the pre-selection phase will be assigned a mentor.
We are looking for volunteer mentors who fit the following criteria:
- Have started and ran or currently run a business.
- Have developed and commercialised products/services.
- Have professional expertise in various business areas including marketing, logistics, legal, Human Resources, etc.
- Be willing to set aside at least 2-4 hours a month mentoring emerging enviropreneurs.
If you would like to participate, please confirm your interest by completing and submitting the questionnaire before 05 October 2020.
GreenMatter and the Young Water Professionals (a division of the Water Institute of Southern Africa) manage the Imvelisi Enviropreneur Programme. This DSI funded training programme is an initiative that supports young people interested in running water and biodiversity-related businesses, through the creation of an early ideation training programme that enables participants to develop their business idea, understand their market, conceptualize a business plan and refine their pitching skills. We support participants to move themselves to the next step – by applying for incubation support, registering a business or by helping them to secure funding for a business start-up.
We find that after exiting the programme, there is enormous value in matching top-performing participants with a mentor who will provide support, advice and knowledge sharing; assisting them with a work plan, sharing their experience and insight, connecting them to useful contacts, providing suggestions on the technical aspects of their business ideas and / or thinking through various aspects of business start-up.
If you would like any more information, please get contact at 011 575 4268 or email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
The GreenMatter/YWP-ZA Imvelisi team
Click next to continue