CALL FOR PROPOSALS
AFCC 51st Annual Conference
Navigating the Waters of Shared Parenting: Guidance from the Harbour
May 28–31, 2014
The Westin Harbour Castle
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Submission deadline: October 3, 2013
Proposals are being accepted for ninety-minute workshop sessions.
We suggest you write your proposal in a word processing program and then paste each response into the submission form on the following pages. This will mitigate the chance of data loss and you will have a copy of your submission (no copy of your submission is otherwise available). To begin submitting a proposal, scroll down to the bottom of this page, respond to the three statements, then click "Next" to get to the pages where you will paste your proposal. Before proceeding, be sure to have the following information available:
1. An abstract of 250 words or less describing your proposed workshop.
2. A workshop title (limited to 80 characters in length) and a “program ready” description of your proposed workshop (80 words or less) for the conference brochure. AFCC reserves the right to edit descriptions for consistency.
3. A description describing the relevance of your workshop to the AFCC community (250 words or less).
4. For research proposals, include brief descriptions of your methodology, results, conclusions and applications for practice, policy implications and future research (250 words or less).
5. Three learning objectives that will be addressed by your proposed workshop.
6. Complete contact information for all proposed presenters. Please limit academic degrees to two per presenter.
7. The name of the person who will coordinate your workshop.
8. Contact information for two professional references (two per workshop, not per presenter).
9. Resumes for all proposed presenters (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
There is a maximum of four presenters per workshop. Please note that the deadline for proposals is October 3, 2013. AFCC is unable to guarantee consideration of incomplete proposals or those submitted after the deadline. AFCC offers a reduced registration rate for conference presenters but is unable to reimburse for travel or related expenses. Fax, mail and email submissions will not be accepted. There is a limit of two proposals per proposed presenter.
Be sure to double-check all names of proposed presenters. Names will be listed in the printed conference program as they are submitted here.
Please do not submit a proposal contingent upon receipt of future outside funding. AFCC needs your firm commitment of your ability to participate in order to consider your proposal.
If you have any questions regarding this call for proposals, please contact Carly Wieman at email@example.com or (608) 664-3750.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMING RECEIPT OF YOUR PROPOSAL WITHIN ONE WEEK OF SUBMISSION, CONTACT AFCC BY TELEPHONE AT (608) 664-3750.