CSOW NATIONAL DISLOCATED WORKER GRANT (NDWG) PROGRAM: COVID-19
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
TEMPORARY DISASTER-RELIEF JOBS PROGRAM
EMPLOYER INTEREST SURVEY
CareerSource Okaloosa Walton’s Board has been awarded a $150,000 Disaster Recovery Dislocated Worker Grant to provide disaster-relief and humanitarian assistance temporary employment opportunities. The purpose of the grant is to minimize the employment and economic impact of COVID-19 in Okaloosa and Walton Counties. Funds are limited!
The following are examples of potentially allowable temporary disaster-relief job duties:
- Projects that provide food, clothing, shelter, and other humanitarian assistance for disaster victims.
- Loading, unloading, packing, delivering food and emergency supplies (may include truck-driving).
- Delivering to and/or shopping for necessary food and emergency supplies for homebound individuals
- Increasing volunteer and/or employee slots when governmental and nonprofit agencies face an increased workload due to the emergency (e.g., 211, Guardian ad Litem, hospitals, food distribution centers, nursing homes, domestic abuse shelters).
- Healthcare professionals and aides.
- Positions to assess needs and provide assistance and resources to individuals affected by the emergency.
- Sanitation workers.
If you believe that your organization can qualify for the COVID-19 Temporary Jobs Program please complete the information below by Tuesday, May 19, 2020.