This educational material was prepared by the Australian Institute of Conveyancers Western Australia (AICWA) and Tom Morris for the Western Australian Department of Commerce, Consumer Protection Division. It has been developed to satisfy the prescribed educational activity requirements of the Compulsory Professional Development Program (CPD) for Settlement Agents.
This material should not be taken to be legal advice or to pre-empt government policy.
Any person in doubt as to their legal rights and obligations should seek the advice of a suitably qualified legal practitioner or Consumer Protection: phone 1300 304 054 or email.
The Department of Commerce retains the copyright to this document; it may not be reproduced, copied or altered without permission.
Please note you will need to do this exercise in one sitting. It cannot be saved and completed later.
The activities are set out below:
- Activity 1 - Orientation
- Activity 2 – Performance objectives
- Activity 3 - Enthusiasm drops-off
- Activity 4 - Misjudged supervision
- Activity 5.1 - Performance Review Policy and Procedure
- Activity 5.2 - Self-evaluation of performance
- Draft Settlement Agent - Job and Person Requirements
- Activity 5.3 - Self-reflection
- Activity 6.1 - An agency perspective on e-conveyancing
- Activity 6.2 - Terminology
- Activity 6.3 – Key Participation Rules
- Electronic Conveyancing action-plan considerations
- Activity 7 – Buying property or land off-the-plan
- Activity 8 - Wrap up
The following course materials can be downloaded as a handy reference:
- CPD Manual Performance Management 2015
All documents issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Documents listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this document, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.