Please answer questions 1-5 below, and check to see if your application requires addition responses based on specific track (two pages maximum, upload below).
1. What is the historical significance or uniqueness of your collection? How are your collection holdings related to the mission of your organization?
2. If your organization has previously participated with the Philadelphia Stewardship Program, what actions have been taken to care for your collection since your participation? How have the CCAHA reports impacted your collections care (or not)?
3. What are your organizational goals in regard to preservation? Comment on specific needs and concerns.
4. Why is the track for which you are applying appropriate for your organization at this time?
5. How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted your institution? Where are you in your reopening process, if at all? Are there specific needs around health and safety?
Specific questions depending on track:
Track 1 & 2.
No additional questions.
Track 3. Risk Assessment and Emergency Planning:
6a. Briefly describe past and any current emergency planning efforts at your institution. If applicable, comment on any previous disasters at your institution and how they impacted the organization.
Track 4. Collections Management Policies:
6b. If selected for the program, what would be your organization’s policy areas for concentration? Comment on specific policy areas and please note if the project would entail developing new policies or revising those already in place. (Some examples include: Collections Management Policy, Care & Maintenance Policy, Handling & Use Policies, Exhibition Policy, Housekeeping Policy, Security Policy, Integrated Pest Management Program.)
Track 5. Digitization and Digital Preservation Policies:
6c. Describe digitization and/or digital preservation initiatives at your organization, both those presently underway and those planned.
Track 6. Create a Project:
6d. Describe your proposed project. Please include the names and titles of staff to be involved in the project.
Track 7. Update or Revisit Previous Reports:
6e. Describe which previously completed project you would like to work on revising and/or updating.