Outbreak Readiness and Response: Prioritizing Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, and Newborn Health Services in Humanitarian Settings - South Sudan Training
To apply to this training, please fill out the form below.
Applications are due by September 22nd, 2023
About this training:
The Outbreak Readiness and Response: Prioritizing Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, and Newborn Health Services in Humanitarian Settings' Training is developed and administered by the READY initiative funded by USAID-Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance. Visit our website at www.ready-initiative.org for more information.
The five-day training will be held in Juba, South Sudan from November 13 - 17th, 2023. The goal of the training is to equip participants with the operational knowledge and skills to ensure the continuity, quality, and safety of healthcare for women and girls of reproductive age and their newborns during an infectious disease outbreak in humanitarian and fragile settings.
This training is designed for NGOs that are operating in South Sudan; government, UN representatives, and national midwifery associations are also encouraged to apply.
- Currently working in health programming in South Sudan (e.g. health program manager, clinic supervisor, technical advisor, healthcare staff)
- Current or future role in planning and/or managing maternal, newborn, sexual, reproductive health program readiness and response to major disease outbreaks.
- Experience working in a humanitarian and public health response and motivation to increase capacity in these areas.
- Ability to commit to in-person training
- Ability to participate in written and spoken English
- READY is welcoming applications from individuals operating in South Sudan only.
The training is free of charge. READY will support tea breaks and lunch for all days of the training. Please note: READY has limited funding available to support travel and/or accommodation costs for local/national organizations for those traveling from outside of Juba. This funding will be considered on an as-needed basis and requests for support can be made on the application form below.