The Design Engineer helps the team transition the product from a concept to a real product that can be manufactured. The Design Engineer interfaces with Industrial Design and Suppliers as needed to determine the specifications that will result in a robust product that will meet all of our internal requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate closely with the Industrial Design to ensure concepts are both functional and can be manufactured.
- Communicate ideas quickly and effectively using a combination of sketching, CAD layouts, 3D models and working prototypes to evaluate potential solutions.
- Hands-on involvement in development engineering, input specifications, concept and feasibility activities, prototyping, and testing
- Continually evaluate and improve designs for cost effectiveness, manufacturing improvements, increased quality and value.
- Identify new ideas, products and/or features that improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs and keep our product line at the forefront of our industry.
- Take part in engineering concept brainstorming.
- Assist generation of product prototypes for internal evaluation as well as for customer and consumer testing/feedback.
- Provides technical support in solving quality problems with existing products
- Plan your work path to proactively meet deadlines and present views and arguments well.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong communication skills and is comfortable working in cross functional teams; proven structured approach to creative problem solving
- A self-starter with proven critical thinking and problem solving skills - identify problems, potential problems, and develop solutions for smooth work flow.
- CAD experience, preferably SolidWorks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Evidence of strong problem solving skills including identify problems, potential problems, and developing solutions for smooth workflow.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Experience in a mechanical design engineering environment, preferably with consumer goods and specifically with plastic injection molded part design is a plus.