We want to hear from you!
SYA, like many other organizations, will continue hosting our event programming online this year. While we will miss seeing you in person at our regional events, we believe that "going virtual" opens up a world of opportunity. We are thinking about how we can feature our talented faculty, Resident Directors, alumni experts and other individuals in the SYA community in new and interesting ways.
Some of our potential ideas include (but are not limited to):
- Town Halls with Tom Hassan, where Tom would provide a "State of the School" update about what he and the leadership team at SYA are working on, Board of Trustees and strategic plan initiatives and progress and how SYA is generally affected by current events.
- Panel discussions with Resident Directors and recent students where they would talk about the recent SYA experience and answer your questions about what's new and different since you or your child attended SYA.
- Panel discussions with alumni/parent experts about a certain topic, where alumni and parents would volunteer to talk about their areas of expertise. Examples may include and are not limited to: education, international relations, health care, social justice.
- Faculty-led workshops/microclasses about a topic in the target language. Faculty would share their expertise in a mini-class designed for an interactive experience.
- Language refreshers/discussion groups to help brush up on your language skills.
What kinds of virtual activities would YOU like to see this year? Tell us by completing this survey!