We invite you to join over a dozen Black Muslim led organizations to the National Black Muslim COVID Coalition. As you know, the COVID-19 crisis is straining already inadequate health care systems across the country and the world, disrupting our communal faith practices, and drastically cutting the household incomes. Black Muslims are disproportionately impacted by the COVID crisis due to several specific factors, including: food insecurity in rural and urban areas; health disparities; political disenfranchisement; incarcerated citizens, underemployment, and significant elderly population. To address the need for effective planning, preparedness, and organizing during this global pandemic, the Muslim Wellness Foundation (MWF) and Muslim Anti-Racism Collaborative (MuslimARC) have launched the National Black Muslim COVID Coalition. We invite Black Muslim Imams, chaplains, social service providers, health professionals, organizers and community members from across the country to “organize, mobilize, and empower” in six key areas: health and wellness, spiritual well-being, education, arts & culture, advocacy & organizing and economic development and to support those who are on the ground doing important work through skills, community, and power building. Our aim is to utilize community organizing principles, deeply rooted faith and spirituality and cultural resilience and knowledge to:
We have three levels of engagement:
- Disseminate accurate and timely information to bolster individual and collective health and well-being.
- Strengthen and support Black Muslim leadership
- Support spiritual and emotional wellness
- Share best practices in how our communities are responding to the crisis
Please submit the information at your earliest convenience. We are asking for all coalition members to share and disseminate information, including announcements. We look forward to collaborating with you to support our people. Once our Coalition Members Page goes live, we will update weekly. Please check the website often at https://www.blackmuslimcoalition.com
- Organizing team, volunteers on one of the planning and mobilization committees or commits organizational resources
- Coalition member, a Black-led organization or predominantly Black community pledges to disseminate information to their constituents and share best practices
- Supporter an allied non-Black leader or organizations pledging culturally competent leadership that serves all their constituents.
Jazak Allah kheir!
www.blackmuslimcoalition.com | email@example.com
Like, Follow, Share - Twitter: @BMCoalition | IG: BlackMuslimCoalition | FB: BlackMuslimCoalition