COMMITMENT TO COMPETE
Please understand, while BEST Robotics is FREE for your school to participate, there is a significant cost (~$1,200) for the equipment and supplies PROVIDED TO YOUR TEAM by the NW Alabama BEST Robotics Hub (Shoals Chamber and NW-SCC), plus other valuable resources. Because these supplies are limited, your school's participation precludes another school from participating.
By completing this form and the COMMITMENT below, you / your school is COMMITTING to ATTEND all required events and to COMPETING in the upcoming (fall) BEST Robotics Competition.
The DATES BELOW ARE MANDATORY for your team to be represented. MARK THESE DATES ON YOUR TEAM'S AND YOUR SCHOOL'S CALENDARS.
NOTE: "Representation" at Team Training, Kick-Off & Mall Day can be just one adult or just a few people, but NW Alabama BEST strongly encourages as much student participation as possible, as it is the students who MUST do the work.
- Sat., Aug. 25 - Team Training (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.) and BEST Kick-Off (3 - 5 p.m.) (NW-SCC, Shoals Campus, gym)
NOTE: Team Training (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.) is MANDATORY for NEW teams to be represented & NEW SPONSOR-TEACHERS of veteran teams and strongly encouraged for new team MEMBERS on veteran teams. It is OPTIONAL for veteran teams & veteran sponsor-teachers.
Kick-Off (3 - 5 p.m.) is MANDATORY for ALL TEAMS to be represented.
- Sat., Sept. 22 (10 a.m. - 2 p.m.) - Mall Day (Practice Driving Day, Florence Mall) is MANDATORY for all teams to be represented.
- Tues., Oct. 2 (by 5 p.m.) - DUE - MANDATORY Engineering Notebook and other optional items to be judged (NW-SCC, Shoals Campus)
NOTE: These items can be mailed, as long as they are in our hands by the due date & time.
- Thurs., Oct. 4 (scheduled between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.) - (optional) Oral Marketing Presentation - if the team chooses to compete for the "BEST Award" which includes this category.
- Sat., Oct. 6 (8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) - GAME DAY!! (NW-SCC, Shoals Campus, gym)
We understand unforeseen things can happen to cause your team not to be able to fulfill its commitment to compete. If this happens, please let us kno