NJSACC: The Network for New Jersey's Afterschool Communities
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 13, 2013
Thank you for your interest in the NJSACC Afterschool Ambassadors Program. The NJSACC Afterschool Ambassadors is a select group of leaders in New Jersey’s Afterschool communities who volunteer to serve as representatives of NJSACC. Afterschool Ambassadors assist NJSACC in fulfilling its mission to develop public awareness of Afterschool issues, build a strong network for afterschool program professionals in NJ, and to establish professional development opportunities in every New Jersey County.
We strive to recruit Afterschool Ambassadors from all 21 of NJ’s counties. Afterschool Ambassadors serve for 2 years.
A successful NJSACC Afterschool Ambassador should be:
* Familiar with afterschool programs in the local community
* Committed to Networking
* Committed to Advocacy for Afterschool programs
* Involved and informed in current trends in out of school time
* Very computer and web knowledgeable and functional
NJSACC Afterschool Ambassadors responsibilities include:
* Attendance in Ambassadors Orientation
* Fostering a County wide group of Afterschool Professionals and Advocates
* Host one training in their county (NJSACC provides the trainer, the Ambassador secures the site and helps promote it locally) each year
* Meet with local and county officials to build support for afterschool
* Host one Celebrate Afterschool Outdoors in the Garden State event OR Lights On Afterschool event each year
NJSACC Afterschool Ambassadors will receive the following for their volunteer service and commitment:
* Free Full Membership to NJSACC and Full Membership to the NAA (National Afterschool Association)
* Select the topic for the county training and receive 5 free registrations to that training
* Attend one other Ambassador-hosted trainings in other counties for free
* $150 mini-grant to support a Celebrate Afterschool OR Lights On Afterschool event each year
*Free registration to a Leadership training facilitated by Diane Genco, NJSACC’s Executive Director, date to be announced
To be considered for the NJSACC Afterschool Ambassadors Program, you must meet the following requirements:
* Completed Application
* A minimum of 3 years of Professional Experience in the Afterschool Field
* Submit 2 professional references
Once applications have been reviewed, NJSACC Afterschool Ambassador positions will be offered to qualified candidates. All applicants will receive an emailed notice of the decisions.
Orientation will be required and be scheduled according to Ambassadors availability.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE SEPTEMBER 13, 2013
To apply, complete the rest of this application. Be sure to include contact information for 2 professional references.
Questions? Please contact Diane, Jessica or Lee in the NJSACC Office, 908-789-0259.