Activity Center Open House: Parks, Recreation, and Senior Services Master Plan Update
The City of Des Moines is preparing an update to the Parks, Recreation and Senior Services (PRSS) Master Plan. This plan guides decision-making for future park, open space, and programming investments.
This questionnaire is designed for those who could not attend the Des Moines Activity Center Open House on September 8th, 2021.
The City wants to hear from you! Please provide your feedback below.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about the plan update.
Where We Are in the Process
The City and consulting team have:
- Conducted community engagement with approximately 100 participants so far (including booths at two Farmer's Markets and an open house at Midway Park on August 3rd)
- Interviewed six community organizations
- Sent a community survey to a random sample of Des Moines residents
- Compiled parks inventory and performed initial analysis
- Collected information about programming
- Collect additional community feedback through the September 8th open house, this questionnaire, and email responses
- Present to the City Council Municipal Facilities Committee
- Prepare a final draft of the plan
- Present the final draft to City Council