ACTIVATE HER PEI Fall 2022 - Program Application Form
PEIBWA is offering another opportunity for women entrepreneurs in PEI this coming fall with the ACTIVATE HER PEI Start-up Program for women.
ACTIVATE HER PEI is a six week program led by PEIBWA and the Atlantic Canadian Women in Growth Partnership. The program will be delivered from PEIBWA’s Rural Women’s Business Centre both virtually and in person. This Program is for women across PEI who are in the early stages of establishing a business OR those thinking about starting a new business.
The program will take participants through the steps of creating a strategic business plan & process for your business, while providing additional resources to help take your concept from ideation to implementation.
Activate HER PEI will be facilitated at the Rural Women's Business Centre in Central Bedeque. However there will be the opportunity for virtual participation for those who cannot attend in person.
Designated workspace is available at the Rural Women's Business Centre for all Start-up and Accelerate HER PEI program participants.
New or early-stage women-owned for-profit businesses in any sector from across PEI are invited to participate in this program.
Priority may be given to underrepresented populations including but not limited to BIPOC, Rural women business owners, women in trades and STEM disciplines, newcomers and women with disabilities, at the discretion of PEIBWA.
PROGRAM ACTIVITIES & COMPONENTS
- 3 hours per week group learning at the Rural Women’s Business Centre
- Dedicated Business advisor/instructor
- Expert presenters to speak on a variety of helpful business topics
- Access to business advisory services
- Peer support and networking with other women business owners
- Preparatory resources
- 1 hour of one-on-one time with Business advisor
- Shared workspace & access to program resources and materials
Project Start: Late September/Early October (TBC)
Please review to ensure that you have the time to commit to this program.
- (20 - 30 minute) interview selection session
- 6 (3 hr) Weekly Business Plan workshops in person or virtual (Thursdays 10:00 - 1:00 pm)
- (2 hr) Wrap-up and/or add on sessions
The total dedicated time commitment per participant for group and one-on-one activities/workshops will should not exceed 18 hours over the 6 weeks.