AFCC Fall Conference
November 11-13, 2021
Hilton Cincinnati Netherlands Plaza
Submission deadline: May 10, 2021
Proposals are being accepted for 90-minute workshop sessions.
We recommend you write your proposal in a word processing program and then paste each response into this form. Have the following information available:
1. The name and email address of the presenter who will coordinate your workshop.
2. A workshop title limited to 80 characters; do not use ampersands to save space.
3. An abstract of up to 250 words describing your proposed workshop.
4. A program-ready description of your proposed workshop (80-90 words) for the conference brochure, written in third person.
5. A description of the relevance of your workshop to the AFCC community (up to 250 words).
6. A description of the limitations of the proposed content, including contradictory perspectives and/or evidence (up to 250 words).
7. For research proposals, include brief descriptions of your methodology, results, conclusions, and applications for practice, policy implications, and future research (up to 250 words).
8. AFCC encourages proposals to address issues of diversity and/or culture in relation to the topic. Describe how your proposal will incorporate diversity and/or culture to your topic, if applicable (up to 250 words).
9. AFCC is committed to understanding the different views, needs, and wants of our membership and establishing a diverse professional community. If applicable, please describe how you self-identify as a cultural or ethnic minority or member of a diverse population. This can include but is not limited to race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, age, ability status, career status, sexual orientation, religion and beliefs, or nationality (up to 250 words).
10. Three recent citations (within the last 10 years) from the academic or professional literature that provide empirical support for your program. Do not include newsletters, magazine articles, or links to websites.
11. Three learning objectives addressed by your proposed workshop. AFCC requires learning objectives for all sessions so we may offer continuing education for psychologists, lawyers, social workers, and other professionals; the learning objectives are also included on session evaluations.
12. Complete contact information for all proposed presenters. Upload a resume or CV for each presenter, or email resumes to Kelly Bienfang at email@example.com.
13. Name and information for each presenter as it will appear in the program.
14. Name, telephone number, and email address of two professional references per workshop.
There is a maximum of four presenters per workshop (including moderators) and a maximum of two proposals per presenter.
The deadline for proposals is May 10, 2021. AFCC is unable to guarantee consideration of incomplete proposals or those submitted after the deadline. Proposals must be submitted online using this form. Fax, mail, and email submissions will not be accepted. View the Call for Proposals for full details.
AFCC offers a reduced registration rate for conference presenters, but is unable to reimburse for travel or related expenses.