This training will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at five sites around the state: Salem, Portland, Bend, Medford, and Newport. There is no charge for this training.
Join us as we delve into Indistar®, a web-based tool that will guide your district team as it prepares their next Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP). Hands-on activities will have your district team discussing indicators and CIP requirements while learning to create and monitor the district's CIP using the Indistar® tool. District teams will:
- Learn about the Indistar® planning tool and effective district planning processes.
- Input or update district information.
- Assess indicators to identify where your district is today.
- Write measurable tasks addressing assessed indicators/objectives.
- Review school level reports, indicators, objectives and tasks.
- Utilize a variety of reports for communicating the plan and its progress.
- Monitor plan implementation and progress on task completion.
- A district team of 3-5 members representing the various roles of support for the district (e.g., superintendent, curriculum director, special programs including Title I, ELL , Educator Effectiveness, TAG, Special Education, IT).
- At least one laptop computer and a power strip per team. Additional computers and iPads may be used.
- Options for the team to view what you are working on:
- Share screen with www.joinme.com.
- Download Screenleap extension for Chrome/Gmail.
- Bring a Projector.
- Hunker down around a laptop!
Note: An afternoon training session for school teams will follow each distrit training. Space is limited. Anyone planning on attending the afternoon school session MUST also register for that training at: http://www.ode.state.or.us/news/events/.