Hello! This survey is a non-binding statement of interest that will allow us to plan out our rental offerings to best serve our community as we move in to a new 25,000 square foot facility at 10 Tyler St, Somerville MA.
Completing this survey will grant you first notice of our spaces being available for lease when the time comes to solicit for renters. Submitting this survey is not a guarantee of available space; if there is more demand than spaces available, rental units will be assigned as a result of an application and review process.
Please note that all prices indicated in this survey are preliminary and subject to change.
Renting space comes with the following benefits:
- 24-hour proximity card access to (at the very least) equipment for precision machining, sculptural metalworking, multiple types of welding, woodworking, electronics/robotics assembly, sewing, bicycle repair, and high-tech computerized manufacturing such as CNC mills, a lasercutter and a CNC plasma cutter
- Wireless internet access
- 30-day tenant-at-will lease (longer leases can be negotiated)
- Air conditioning and heating
- On-site, off-street parking lot
- First floor with leveled concrete flooring
- Access to a tractor-trailer loading dock and floor-level double doors
- Options for electrical service in the rental unit (either dedicated or shared with others)
- Dumpster outside for trash pickup
We plan on offering the following programs for renting space at Artisan's Asylum:
- All rental spaces require 24-hour access memberships, which cost either $125/month for general admission or $100/month for a limited number of subsidized memberships (i.e. for students, unemployed or low-income members, etc.).
- Rental workspace comes in 50 ($75/month), 100 ($125/month), and 250 square foot ($300/month) lots. Other sizes can be negotiated.
- Rental storage space (15 square feet, $30/month) is also available.