Eco-Reps is Penn's undergraduate environmental leadership program that focuses on raising awareness of environmental issues and impacting the decisions of individuals across campus.
Selected students will work in their College House, Greek chapter, Athletics Team, or Hillel to develop educational events, activities, and campaigns aimed at supporting the University’s Climate Action Plan. Student-led initiatives focus on topics such as energy conservation, waste minimization, recycling, water conservation, community engagement, and more.
The Eco-Reps program is run by sustainability staff in Penn's Green Campus Partnership, an umbrella group of students, staff, faculty, and community members that promotes sustainable practices and policies on campus.
The deadline to apply to this year's program has been extended to Wednesday, September 11th.
Ideal Eco-Reps Candidates Should Be:
- Interested in environmental issues and green living
- Enthusiastic about community involvement
- Able to work with others in a team environment
- Able to dedicate time outside of meetings
- Motivated to make a difference among peers
- Friendly, flexible, and willing to hear ideas
- Organized and creative
Click next to continue submitting an application.
- All Eco-Reps are required to attend a bi-weekly meeting throughout the year. College House and Greek Eco-Rep meetings are taking place from 8-9pm every other Monday. Athletics Eco-Reps meetings are taking place every other Wednesday from 12-1pm. The time for Hillel meetings is yet to be scheduled. To see the full Eco-Reps calendar, click here.
- Outside of meetings, all Eco-Reps are expected to dedicate time to developing environmental initiatives throughout the year.