2nd Call for Proposals and Ideas
NASIG 24th Annual Conference
Riding the Rapids Through a Mountain of Change
June 4-7, 2009
Asheville, North Carolina
The 2009 Program Planning Committee (PPC) invites proposals and/or program ideas for pre-conference, vision, strategy, and tactics sessions. The Program Planners are specifically interested in hearing from publishers, vendors, librarians, and others in the field of serials and electronic resources about issues relating to scholarly communication, licensing, and publishing. Proposals based on both descriptive and experimental research findings are especially welcome.
This 2nd Call for Proposals will close on October 31, 2008.
We welcome all proposals related to serials and electronic resources, and we are particularly interested in the following topics in order to provide a diverse conference program:
• Standards, their application, and the impact on content providers and libraries
• Licensing issues, including negotiation of terms, workflows, and integration with publisher, vendor, and library systems
• Changes in the cataloging environment, including RDA and other policy or standard decisions and the effects of changes in the discovery of library resources
• Serials-related issues in scholarly communication, access and preservation of intellectual content, such as library-managed journal publication and data curation
• Continuing development of ERM, including evaluations of effectiveness, workflow changes, and other aspects not previously examined at NASIG conferences
• Programs reporting the findings of descriptive or experimental research on serials-related topics