The Land Trust Alliance is focused on helping you meet your conservation goals by ensuring that our policy priorities align with those of your organizations’ and your actual usage of federal funding and incentives. At the beginning of each year the Alliance’s Board of Directors sets land trust policy priorities based on input received from land trust members.
Our memo (www.lta.org/policy/priorities) outlines the following proposed federal priorities for 2015:
1. Make federal conservation funding available to land trusts
2. Improve IRS administration of the rules governing conservation donations
3. Protect Federal Tax Incentives for conservation
4. Increase the involvement of land trusts in local funding measures
5. Maximize land trust access to Farm Bill funding
You can also share your opinion in person at Rally 2014 –Workshop D-10 "Federal Policy Issues and Regional Engagement: Setting the Alliance's 2015 Policy Priorities" on Thursday, September 20, 8:30am - 10:00am or via our live Policy Priorities Forum Webinar on October 7 at 2pm ET: www.lta.org/policy/webinars