Thank you for your interest in the Friskies® and Fancy Feast® “Together We Can” art project. We are searching for 100 cat owners to create a cat-inspired art piece made out of Friskies and/or Fancy Feast aluminum cat food cans to bring awareness to their recyclability. The art pieces may be shown at a gallery event in New York City on or around Earth Day (April 22, 2010).
Participation in this project is a special opportunity, and with that opportunity come certain commitments. Before you apply by filling out the pre-screening survey, please review this statement and confirm that, if chosen, you …
- Are a U.S. resident who is at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in your state of residence;
- Will submit only one pre-screening survey application per household by February 12, 2010;
- Will answer all questions accurately and honestly;
- Are willing to design and create an original art piece and will ship it to Purina’s Public Relations agency for receipt by March 31, 2010;
- Will use Friskies and/or Fancy Feast cat food cans as the main portion of the art piece;
- Will clean the cat food cans out thoroughly before incorporating them into your artwork; and
- Will sign a release prior to shipping the artwork that gives Purina all rights to the art piece, as well as agree to submit a photo or sketch of your art piece to Purina’s Public Relations agency between March 8-12 to show the progress of your work. Selected artwork may be placed by Purina in a gallery in New York City for an event, auctioned off on eBay to benefit Keep America Beautiful Inc. and/or donated for possible display to places such as Purina facilities and national parks. Note: Up to 100 pieces of artwork will be displayed in the gallery at Purina’s discretion.
If you are chosen as an artist, you will be agreeing to conduct yourself in the spirit of the Friskies and Fancy Feast brands through an experience that is fun and exclusive. Friskies/Fancy Feast and its agency partners will review the progress of the art projects and reserves the right to exclude artists who fail to honor their commitment. Chosen artists will be notified the week of February 22, 2010, and more detailed information and participation materials will be shipped to them accordingly.