Thank you for participating in this survey on tools for managing virtual machines.
So far we have identified nine categories of virtualization management software to explore in greater detail:
1. Administration (eg VMware Virtual Infrastructure 3)
2. Automation (eg Enigmatec Virtual Orchestrator)
3. Backup and recovery (eg Vizioncore esxRanger Pro)
4. Infrastructure virtualization (eg Egenera Processing Area Network, Scalent Systems V/OE)
5. Monitoring (eg Hyperic HQ for VMware)
6. Optimization (eg InovaWave DXtreme)
7. Security (eg Blue Lane Technologies VirtualShield, Reflex VSA)
8. Test lab automation (eg VMLogix LabManager)
9. Workspace virtualization (eg DeskTone vDesktop)
We believe the potential market for these tools is very large. However, as tools and demand mature, reliable and independent market data remains limited. To help us fill this gap, we are looking for end users who are knowledgeable about virtualization management or directly responsible for IT purchasing decisions.
The survey should take about 5 minutes to complete. We plan to publish the results of this survey in a report during the fourth quarter of 2007.
NOTE: All survey responses are anonymous and your answers will not be attributed to you or your company. Participants may provide their contact information to receive a summary of the results of this survey.
Thanks in advance for your time and participation.
Senior analyst, enterprise software
The 451 Group
415-989-1555, Ext. 107
About Us: The 451 Group is an independent technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. The company's analysts provide critical and timely insight into the market and competitive dynamics of innovation in emerging technology segments. Clients of the company - at vendor, investor, service-provider and end-user organizations - rely on 451 insight to support both strategic and tactical decision-making for competitive advantage. More information on The 451 Group can be obtained from our website; www.the451group.com.