The Spo-Can (Spokane Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect) Council will honor an individual from the Spokane community who provides direct service, volunteers, teaches, or mentors and demonstrates extraordinary commitment in one or more of the following areas to strengthen families:
1. Creating resilience in parents.
2. Providing concrete services in times of need.
3. Helping parents find social connections.
4. Increasing parental knowledge of child development.
5. Teaching social and emotional competency in children.
The award will be presented, and nominees honored, at the annual Spo-Can Council Annual Training & Awards Breakfast featuring the Reverend Darrell Armstrong, MDiv, EdS, MFT and Mistress of Ceremonies Leslie Lowe of KHQ on Friday, April 27, 2012 at the Mukogawa Ft George Wright Campus.
Any adult, child, or youth may nominate individuals who meet the eligibility requirements by completing the survey that follows. Nominations must be received no later than Friday, April 13, 2012.