Do you find yourself recommending MedlinePlus to complete strangers in line at the grocery store? Do you research medical and health information just for the fun of it? If so, the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MidContinental Region (NN/LM MCR) has an opportunity for you!
Medical and health-related meetings and conferences are great venues for you to share your knowledge of authoritative health resources, and at the same time learn about cutting edge medical research and garner a wealth of health information.
Your participation at these events enhances the outreach efforts of the NN/LM MCR by raising awareness of NN/LM and National Library of Medicine (NLM) resources and services, and augments your community building and engagement.
The NN/LM MCR will be awarding approximately 5 Training Health Professionals stipends (up to $1,000 each) to support health science, medical, public, or special librarians who wish to exhibit and present at a medical or health-related meeting or conference in the MidContinental Region by the end of April 2013.
* EXHIBITING/PRESENTING (Attendance) at the conference must take place before April 30, 2013.
* The applicant will attend one online Exhibitor Toolkit training and be certified as an exhibitor. Visit http://www.tinyurl.com/mcrclasses for current trainings.
* The applicant's institution must be a Network member of the MidContinental Region and the applicant must hold a librarian position.
* Your responsibility to the MidContinental Region will be to share your exhibit experiences through a newsletter article, presentation, or a way mutually agreed upon with the NN/LM MCR.
* Applications will be accepted, reviewed, and awarded until funds are no longer available, or until April 30, 2013.
* Stipend can be used for exhibit fees, registration and/or travel expenses. Expenses will be reimbursed.
* For more information, contact Dana Abbey: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-800-338-7657, option 1, 2, 3, or Monica Rogers: email@example.com, 1-800-338-7657, option 1, 2, 1.