2nd Arizona Statewide Tribal, Indian Health Service, Arizona Department of Health Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF) Meeting
Cliff Castle Casino and Hotel
335 W Middle Verde Rd
Camp Verde, AZ 86322
Friday, November 9th, 2012
8:15 AM - 5:00 PM
The meeting will include tribal updates on:
(1) RMSF status to include human cases and seropositive dogs surveys
(2) RMSF activities to include what has been done, how the activities are carried out and by who, how were outside partners utilized
(3) Need for resources to address all identified issues and roadblocks
The presentations will discuss public education, development and enforcement of ordinances, tribal leadership support, involvement of community members, and patient referral system for medical care.
There will be 6 committee presentations designed to address and create an open discussion on the following topics with the goal of creating a statewide tribal RMSF plan:
1. Environmental Tick Control/Surveillance
3. Community Education
4. Animal Control/Veterinary Program
5. Finance /Budget
6. Political Advocacy
This statewide plan will be used as a foundation to develop a resource needs document that will presented to the White House and Congress for RMSF financial assistance.
Finally, there will an open discussion to address the next steps and the creation of a statewide Arizona American Indian RMSF Coalition.