GWJ$ Conference Scholarship Opportunity for Educators: 2014 Jump$tart National Educator Conference
The Greater Washington Jump$tart (GWJ$) would be honored to give special recognition to an outstanding classroom educator of personal finance and a scholarship to attend the 2014 Jump$tart National Educator Conference. This conference will be held on November 8-10, at Omni Los Angeles Hotel in California Plaza. We welcome pre-kindergarten to high school educators in the Greater Washington area to submit their applications now for a timely application review process.
This year’s budget is approximately $1000 per person. The scholarship covers conference fees including a two-night stay at the hotel and all conference meals at $425 and an estimated travel cost of $575 per person.
This Year's Conference Highlights:
* Tools, resources, information and support for teaching personal finance in the classroom.
* A variety of workshops under three strands: Curricula/Content, Personal Development "101" and Personal Development "AP."
* Welcome to Los Angeles Gala with Opening Night performance by "Mathemagician" Dr. Arthur Benjamin.
* Networking with your peers from across the country!
* Exhibit Hall devoted to Financial Education Resources
* 15 Professional Development Hours for Teachers
* Optional Activities include: free financial planning clinics, two financial educator certification programs, and various tours of L.A.(Details will be posted when Teacher Registration opens.)
Please take note of these important details:
• Announcement of Scholarship Opportunity: Aug. 4, 2014 • Electronic Application is Available: Aug. 8, 2014 • Deadline for Completed Nominations: Sept. 30, 2014 • Selection of Scholarship Winner: Oct. 10, 2014 • Scholarship Award Announced: Oct. 10, 2014
The educator awarded a scholarship will be reimbursed for full amount of approved documented expenses immediately after the conference.
The educator will be aware and accept that his/her name and photo may be used in the GWJ$ newsletter or websites and may be released in newspapers.
Additional details about this conference are provided athttp://jumpstart.org/teacher-conference.html. if there are still questions, contact Mia Baytop Russell, email@example.com.