The passage of House Bill 4165 established criteria for Community Based Coordinators of Early Learning Services (CBCs).
The Early Learning Council (ELC) approved a charge to further identify and recommend characteristics of CBCs. A Workgroup was appointed and convened, concluding their work on December 19, 2012.
The report responds to statutory requirements based on the results of the Workgroup, input received from stakeholders across Oregon, priorities established by the Early Learning Council, and work from the Early Learning System Director’s office. It makes recommendations toward kindergarten readiness, improves service delivery and reduces administrative costs by identifying:
• Definition, Functions, Characteristics, Competencies of CBCs and desired Outcomes
• Family Resource Management Function
• Administration and Criteria for CBCs
• Early Learning Council’s Relationship to the CBC
• Certification and Information Sought
• Investing in Early Learning
• Stakeholder Input
The report recommends a framework for achieving the vision. After reviewing the report and watching the brief webinar, please provide your input through the following questionnaire: