*Please take 10 to 20 minutes to complete the application in one sitting. You will not be able to return to the application once you have started. If for some reason you experience technical difficulties or the web browser closes during your application, please feel free to reapply on survey monkey.
Join Rebel Advocates- the brand new, peer-to-peer education program out of the Center for Social Justice at UNLV! Rebel Advocates will be trained to facilitate presentations, discussions, workshops, and events that raise awareness to social justice issues and diversity.
*What do Revel Advocates do?
• Work with student organizations and academic departments to plan and facilitate presentation, workshops, and training sessions on social justice and diversity.
• Create environments where healthy dialogues can take place around social justice and diversity
• Promote the Center for Social Justice and the programs and services it provides.
• Attend trainings, retreats, and events on social justice.
• Organize annual student social justice conference at UNLV.
*Why should you become a Rebel Advocate?
• Make a positive impact on UNLV’s campus
• Bring awareness to social justice issues
• Deepen your knowledge of social justice issues
• Ability to share your experience and engage in self reflections around civic responsibilities and social justices.
• Assist in developing stronger communication and organization skills
*Requirements to be a Rebel Advocate
• Completed Rebel Advocates application and successful interview.
• Successful completion of PUA 386 -Leadership, Facilitation, & Training (with an emphasis on Social Justice)- with a 80% or higher; which will be offered during the spring 2012 semester.
• Must hold a 2.25 GPA cumulative or 2.0 GPA in the previous semesters.
• Enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
• Be in good standing with the university
• Application deadline is Friday, November 23rd by 5:00pm.
• Interviews will be held Thursday, November 29th and Friday, November 30th.
• If you have any additional questions, please contact Brandon Hildreth at 702-895-4053 or firstname.lastname@example.org