This survey is part of Trinity College Dublin Masters degree dissertation. The aim of this study is to understand how social networking sites have impacted on the day-to-day lives of people with visual impairments. In this questionnaire, two social networking sites are listed - Facebook and Twitter - but you can specify another site if you wish.
There are 20 questions in total and it is expected to take approximately 10 minutes to complete it. The survey is divided in the following sections:
1. Personal information
2. Use of social networking sites
3. Your experience with social networking sites
4. Option to enter a draw to win one of the two Amazon vouchers of 50 Euro (or equivalent)
In line with due processes as stipulated by the Ethics committee of Trinity College Dublin, it is important to note:
- Each question is optional. Feel free to omit a response to any question or withdraw at any time during the questionnaire; however the researcher would be grateful if all questions are responded to.
- Your participation is voluntary and anonymous.
- You must be 18 years or older and competent to supply consent.
- All information submitted is confidential and not disclosed to third parties.
- The information submitted will be analysed, and all data gathered will be used anonymously in the analysis, publication and presentation of resulting data and findings.
- Information identifying individuals who opted to enter the draw is not retained, and when the research is complete all respondents' email addresses will be deleted by 6 August 2012.
- I have no conflict of interest with regard to the research topic and participants, either individually or at an organisational level.
- I am required by Trinity College Dublin (TCD) to inform you that, in the extremely unlikely event that illicit activity is reported, I will be obliged to report it to appropriate authorities.
- Please do not name third parties in any open text field of the questionnaire, except the name of the social networking sites. Any such replies will be anonymised.
Should you have any questions regarding this survey please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your participation.
Note for JAWS users: some questions have an "Other" option, which includes a text box for comments. If the checkbox before the edit field is not ticked, then JAWS skips over the edit field. When the checkbox is ticked, the edit field is then enabled and you are placed in it when you hit tab.