Congratulations on your decision to apply for the 2014 HOPE Scholarship Award! We commend you on your commitment to attend college and/or technical school.
Here are the qualifications that you need to apply. If you do not meet ALL of these requirements, you are ineligible to apply:
• Be enrolled and in good academic standing, high school student from a Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Newton or Jasper County, Indiana school;
• Be an eligible high school senior, graduating Spring 2014; to be enrolled at a credited institution of higher education (e.g. college, university and/or technical trade school);
• Have a minimum 3.0 GPA;
• Demonstrated community involvement;Applicant must provide a letter from a volunteer organization that demonstrates their community service activities and number of volunteer hours/participation over the 2013-2014 school year.
• Indicate an intended major in business management, hospitality, or agriculture. The course of study should reflect the study areas that benefits the Food Bank of NWI and Northwest Indiana McDonald Owner/Operators;
• Complete an online application that includes a 1000 words maximum essay. The topic of the essay “ Give examples of how the pursuit of your intended major can benefit the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana and the McDonalds Owners/Operators (NIMO) Partnership spirit of helping and entrepreneurship.”
The online application, along with your current transcript and letter from volunteer agency of community service activity are due by Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 5:00 pm CST. Additional details for the submission of the transcript and community service volunteer letter are available upon the completion of the online application.
Please visit www.foodbanknwi.org for more information and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please no phone calls.
The HOPE scholarship awards are one-time, non-renewable, $1000 awards payable for tuition only per final candidate.
If you are eligible, please continue to the full application by clicking the next button.