Deadline for applications is Wednesday, November 5th, 2013.
Morning Blend Friday Music Host Job Description
KFAI is looking for a volunteer to serve as a regular music host during The Morning Blend on Fridays. Music Hosts are responsible for selecting music for the two hour broadcast from 6 to 8 am.
The assignment is to provide a mixture of music to accompany news elements inside a pleasant and informative wake-up show for KFAI’s listeners. Music hosts will work with the Morning Blend producer, news host and news director to craft a daily broadcast that provides a showcase for KFAI’s program schedule.
Accordingly, music presented during the Morning Blend should:
• Have a connection to KFAI’s existing programming
• Be appropriate for early morning listening
• Come in small enough chunks or be interruptible so that adequate time can be made for news features
Morning Blend Music Hosts:
• Are flexible and enjoy collaboration.
• Understand KFAI’s mission and have an awareness of the depth and breadth of KFAI’s programming.
• Are musical omnivores – interested in many genres and open to variety.
• Willing to share their knowledge of the music they love.
• Are comfortable presenting music they do not know well.
• Willing to do live phone and in-person interviews
• Friendly and cheerful at all times, or able to fake it
• Are aware of and interested in the day’s news and are willing and able to find an occasional musical connection to something happening on the international, national or local stage.
Successful candidates will be reliable, punctual, and approachable an early hour. The work schedule is 5:45 to 8 am.