CLASS 26 MENTORS ARE FULL.
However if you fill out this application you will be rolled over to Class 27 application. Events leading up to Class 27 matching will begin in December.
Year Up Mentor: Class 26 (Graduation in February 2020)
Time Commitment: Minimum of six months; 2-8 hours per month. One in-person meeting per month, weekly virtual (email/phone) check-ins.
Areas of Involvement: Professional development, networking, higher education, resume building, informational interviews, job applications, goal setting, time management, money management, etc.
Purpose: The Year Up New York mentor program focuses on the professional development of our students. All of our mentors must commit to spend time with their Year Up mentee for six months.
- You have a passion for working with urban young adults (18-24 years old), an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- You have a sincere desire to help your mentee achieve personal and professional goals
- You are committed to diversity and inclusion
- You have professional work experience and a professional network
- You are at least 25 years old
- You can commit to your mentee for at least 6 months
- You are comfortable with the personal and logistical expectations of being a mentor
Please contact VolunteerNYC@Yearup.org to learn about other volunteer opportunities with our site.