With support from Community Foundation of Lorain County, Nord Family Foundation TECH CORPS will implement its Student WEB CORPS program in Lorain County with up to 25 high school students during the summer. (Location of program will be updated)
Student WEB CORPS Learn & Earn is a summer work-based learning experience for youth, ages 16-18 years old. The experience is designed to strengthen students’ web development, project management and professionalism skills and to apply those skills in the authentic task of building a website for a mock business. Student-employees will work in project-teams of 4-5 and be supported by two TECH CORPS Instructors, a Site Coordinator and a mock client. Below are a few additional notes about the program:
- Student WEB CORPS will be comprised of 25 students and led by 2 TECH CORPS Instructors and a Site Coordinator.
- Families will be responsible for transportation and food/beverages.
- Student WEB CORPS will be held from 9:00am-2:00pm for 6 weeks beginning June 21-July 29, a total of 150 possible work hours.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS ONLY OPEN TO STUDENTS WHO MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Attend a high school in Lorain County
- Will be enrolled in the 11th or 12th grade in the Fall of 2022
Student Selection Process:
Students will be accepted to participate in the program on a first come, first serve basis in addition to completing the Ohio Means Jobs application process and orientation! Students will earn an hourly rate of $10.00 an hour.
Please note that students and families will need to provide their social security card and identification card as well as family income to Ohio Means Jobs. If you or a family member need to obtain these documents, now is a great time to start because registration will begin in February! This page will be updated once the dates and location of the program have been finalized.
Once you begin this form, you are NOT able to save/return to it. Please be prepared to spend approximately 10 minutes to complete the registration form in one setting. Otherwise, you will have to start a new registration form, and your child will lose their place in the acceptance list. Below is a list of the sections of the form for quick reference:
- Student and Parent Information
- Student Emergency & Medical Information (only retained if the student is accepted into the program)