Panel Discussion: What does industry want from analytical chemistry training?
Many chemistry students ultimately work as analytical chemists in industry. But few faculty teaching analytical chemistry have industrial experience.
- What techniques or instruments are most important?
- What are the key skills and attributes that will get a student hired?
- How can we help our students standout?>
- Should students learn more instrumental theory or gain more hands-on experience?
- What is the "right" level of training?
Academics and students have many questions. This panel of industrial analytical chemists will provide answers based on their experience in a wide range of industries.
This survey will provide the panel with initial questions for discussion.