November 9 - 18, 2019
- Team size: 14 hikers
- Trip Duration: 12 days (including travel)
- Trek: 6 days of 6-8 hours a day, covering more than 40 miles
- Accommodations: Mountain Huts
- Fly to: Argentina
- Difficulty Rating: 4 (of 5)
- Land Operator: Embark Exploration Co
- Fundraising Minimum: $10,000
- Registration Fee: $250
- Included: All land fees, airport transfers, MM4MM branded gear, guides, accommodations, ground transportation, and meals (during the duration of the trek)
- Hiker's Expenses: Airfare*, personal gear, souvenirs, additional meals/snacks, accommodations and ground transportation before/after the trip duration, travel insurance
*Patagonia Trek participants have the opportunity to have their airfare (up to $2,000, economy class) covered if they raise $20,000 or more.
In 2019, MM4MM adds a bucket list trek to Patagonia, demonstrating that we will go to the ends of the Earth to find a cure for myeloma! Though it technically lies in both Argentina and Chile, Patagonia is a place of its own - a land of glaciers, expansive lakes, and awesome steppes and peaks so jagged and immense they pause the mind and stir the heart.
We will travel to the remote Patagonia. Hiking on wide, wind-swept, and awe-inspiring trails, we will come to know the magic of this incredible place as we trek hut to hut. We will traverse through a truly wonderland of mountains, valleys, lakes, rivers, glaciers, and wildlife. Overall, we will cover more than 40 miles on this trek.