Governance and Legal Trends and Best Practices: A Review for Funders
Thursday, March 30 | 1:00pm-2:00pm (CT)
This session will offer a high-level overview of recent trends and best practices for foundation governance. Attorneys from the Nonprofit and Tax-Exempt Organizations group of Dentons, the world’s largest global law firm, will present practical tips for governance and legal compliance, focused on small to mid-size foundations. Drawing from both national trends in the industry and the impact of the pandemic and social change, topics will include:
- Considerations for revising bylaws and conflict of interest policies;
- Foundation political activity, including lobbying and advocacy;
- Issues to consider when funding a project with a fiscal sponsor; and
- Updating grant agreements.
Speakers Jeffrey Fromknecht and Hayley Haldeman will hold time for Q&A at the end of the presentation. As part of the registration process, attendees may also submit questions or topic area suggestions for our speakers to address if time allows.
Wisconsin Philanthropy Network is hosting this event in partnership with the following Philanthropy Serving Organizations from across the country:
- Maryland Philanthropy Network
- Council of New Jersey Grantmakers
- Florida Philanthropic Network
- Grantmakers of Western Pennsylvania
- NY Funders Alliance
- North Carolina Grantmakers
Registration & Call-In Details: Use the following form to register for this event. This event will be hosted virtually using Zoom. WPN staff will reach out with call-in details for those who register prior to the date of the event.
For questions about this event or any other WPN programming please contact Kristi Anderson (email@example.com).