2021 BEEF AUSTRALIA SCHOLARSHIPS
The Angus Australia Foundation awards two scholarships tri-annually to give Angus Australia members the opportunity to participate in the exciting and innovative Beef Australia Expo.
Beef Australia is held every three years and is a world class event that showcases more than 4000 cattle along with hosting numerous seminars, property tours and conferences.
In 2021 the scholarship winners will be attending the Beef Australia Expo in Rockhampton QLD, 2-8 May. For more information about Beef Australia head to the Beef Australia Website www.beefaustralia.com.au.
Members aged between 18 and 30 with a commitment to the Australian beef industry and the Angus breed are encouraged to apply.
Each scholarship will provide entry to the event and $1,500 to assist with expenses (i.e. accommodation and travel).
The scholarship recipients will be responsible for covering their own travel costs and required to assist with the Angus Australia trade display and the cattle show.
The aim of this scholarship is to:
• Increase the recipient’s knowledge of the beef industry
• Expose the recipient to different agricultural production systems
• Develop the recipient’s personal skills
• Strengthen relationships between the World’s beef industries
• Applicants must be aged between 18 and 30 years of age (age at 1st January)
• Applicants must be members of Angus Youth/ Angus Australia (membership forms may be completed with application)
• Demonstrated commitment to the beef industry and the Angus breed
• Demonstrated potential to benefit from attending Beef Australia
• Demonstrated inability to attend Beef Australia without the assistance of a scholarship
How to Apply
To apply for one of the three scholarships’ available, please complete the application form below.
Applicants will then be shortlisted and notified. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a ZOOM interview.
Conditions of receiving the Scholarship
• While at Beef Australia, each scholarship recipient is required to spend time on the Angus Australia trade display
• While at Beef Australia, each scholarship recipient is required to assist with the Angus component of the cattle show
• The scholarship cannot be deferred
• Upon returning from Beef Australia, each scholarship recipient must submit a written trip report to the Angus Australia Foundation with two weeks after the event
For further information contact;
Marketing and Communications Manager
Phone: 02 6773 4601 Mobile 0411 242 001
APPLICATIONS CLOSE WEDNESDAY MARCH 10 2021 AT 5PM