Intercultural Center Peer Navigator Application
Honor all identities
The Intercultural Center supports educational equity and academic achievement for diverse student populations by providing access to resources and a safe place to connect through a culture of inclusion and respect.
The Intercultural Center Peer Navigator (ICPN) program serves first-year students by fostering excellence through social and academic integration at Whatcom Community College. ICPNs mentor and provide resources for marginalized students, including Black, Indigenous, students of color, first-generation, and low-income students. ICPNs are trained to use their experiences and leadership skills to create a network of academic, social, and cultural support across campus.
Summary of responsibilities. Applicants will receive a full, detailed list of job responsibilities at the email provided:
- Attend all Peer Navigator Program retreats, training, and weekly meetings throughout the academic year (dates TBD/TBA)
- Attend/participate in at least 3 social and academic events with assigned mentees
- Develop and plan events for the IC
- Assist with the IC front desk tasks and duties
- Meet with mentees face-to-face and develop an interpersonal relationship that encourages academic and personal growth