Thank you for participating in our interest survey. Your feedback will show us directions we should go in developing our new organization.
The National Women with Disabilities Empowerment Forum (NWwDEF) is a grassroots charitable organization (501(c)(3), tax-exempt status pending) based in Houston, Texas, dedicated to:
- honoring and celebrating the mind, body, and soul of women with disabilities, and
- creating, improving, and enlivening supportive spaces, events, and other opportunities for collective empowerment.
We conduct fully accessible, welcoming, and empowering activities that promote the advancement of women with disabilities. These usually include the development, discussion, and distribution of information for individuals and organizations about
- existing helpful resources
- the need for improvements in governmental, private, and other programs
- social and artistic activities that strengthen communities and give women with disabilities
- access to peer support while raising social awareness about their unique needs
Since 2010, we have conducted annual empowerment fairs for women with disabilities, growing each year in participation and enthusiasm. This year we decided to incorporate as a nonprofit organization and expand activities to include more frequent meetings and a larger geographic area. Our vision is to offer a variety of programs that address our unique life situation and involve women throughout Houston and surrounding areas using centralized gatherings with satellite programs linked in using video teleconferencing and other Internet-based media. Eventually, we hope to have national reach.
This brief survey will give us the chance to hear from you about:
- how interested you are in a variety of topics, as well as your suggestions of other topics for programs and discussions
- how you prefer to participate in our activities
- how to contact you
- if you would like to volunteer or contribute to NWwDEF in some way
You are the power behind NWwDEF. Together we can advance each other and our world!