Your career/technical institution is seeking to be accredited or re-accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Accreditation is a voluntary process by which the quality of the institution's educational program and supporting services are measured against internationally recognized standards of quality.
There are 12 Standards for Accreditation with which the institution must be in compliance to be granted “Accreditation” by the Middle States Association.
The Middle States Standards for Accreditation are rigorous criteria for quality in a career/technical institution and its career/technical programs. They define the level of quality required in each program, service, and supporting operation for an institution to be accredited.
Complying with a Standard means that the Standard describes the institution at the acceptable degree of quality.
Each Standard is amplified by a set of Indicators of Quality that show the evidence an institution should be able to demonstrate in order to be in compliance with the Standard for Accreditation. In this survey,students are asked to rate only the Indicators of Quality about which you should have enough information or that refer directly to students. Therefore, the numbering of the Indicators is not in numerical order. Indicators that do not apply to students have been deleted.
Based on your personal experience with this in institution and your best judgment, rate the degree to which your institution is in compliance with each Indicator of Quality for each of the 12 Standards.
If you do not have sufficient knowledge or experience to rate an Indicator, leave it blank.
In this self-assessment survey, rate each Standard and its Indicators of Quality using the following scale:
- Rating of Compliance with the Indicator:
- 1. Not in Compliance: The evidence indicates our institution is not in compliance with the expectations of this Standard/Indicator
- 2. Partial Compliance/In Need of Improvement: The evidence indicates that our institution is in compliance with the expectations of this Standard/Indicator only partially and is in need of improvement.
- 3. In Compliance: The evidence indicates our institution is in compliance with the expectations of this Standard/Indicator
- 4. Exceeds: The evidence indicates our institution exceeds the expectations of this Standard/Indicator