5. I understand that BADP utilizes behavior modification principles to teach my child new social skills. This includes positive rewards (e.g., verbal praise, tokens, awards, privileges, field trips) for pro-social target behaviors (e.g., following rules, paying attention, practicing social skills, helping, sharing, ignoring negativity, being a good sport) and negative consequences (e.g., loss of awards/privileges, time-out, not going on field trips, assignment of chores) for inappropriate behaviors (e.g., breaking rules, teasing, stealing, lying, leaving the area without permission, physical aggression, destruction of property, repeated non-compliance). Children may be suspended or terminated from BADP for aggressive behaviors or continued non-compliance with program rules. I understand that I will be contacted to pick up my child from BADP early if he/she is not able to control his/her behavior. Further, I understand that if it is felt by BADP staff, at any time, after due consideration, that my child is not benefiting from BADP or interfering with the learning or safety of other children, BADP reserves the right to suspend or cancel enrollment without refund.
6. I understand that a Parent Education class will be offered one evening per week for the duration of the program where I can learn skills to improve my child’s behavior at home and in public. This is optional but strongly recommended as it will help my child derive maximum benefit from BADP. The exact time and location will be emailed to me prior to the program start date.
7. I understand that BADP reserves the right to cancel any classes, transportation services, or portions of BADP for which there is insufficient registration and to modify the BADP schedule and change faculty assignments as necessary. Once I submit payment for enrollment, I understand that there are no refunds. Once BADP has started, I understand that there are no refunds or make-up days for absences, no matter what the reason, including but not limited to sickness, scheduling conflicts, or Friday field trips. This includes if my child is sent home by BADP staff due to sickness or contagious infection (e.g., lice). If there is insufficient registration, however, there would be a full refund.
8. I understand that I am financially responsible for any damages that my child causes to the facilities, buildings and their contents, program materials, and equipment used by BADP. I understand that I am also financially responsible for any damages that my child causes to someone else’s personal property while attending BADP. I understand that BADP/MPG will not assume financial responsibility for damages done to property or possessions by any child enrolled in the summer program. Unless agreed upon by BADP staff, children should not bring money or items of any significant value to BADP, such as phones, gaming devices or other electronics.
9. I authorize MPG to photograph and/or video record me and my child during his/her participation in BADP, which may be used for promotional purposes. I understand that we will not be identified by name and are not entitled to any compensation for such images. I further understand that visitors may observe BADP.