for the NIA Healthy Aging Start-Up Challenge
Please fill out this brief form to help NIA identify mentors and match mentors to mentees. Volunteers are needed from Aug - Nov 2022; mentoring commitments are virtual and flexible.
Read more about the challenge and how to apply as a participant.
For any questions, please contact NIAstartupchallenge@mail.nih.gov
NIA will match mentors with finalists based on the finalists’ needs, the mentors’ expertise, and shared relevant backgrounds. Mentors can be matched as a primary mentor to one finalist start-up team, and/or as a secondary mentor to up to 2 additional finalist teams.
- Time commitment: 1-5 hours per month, according to mentor availability, Aug - Nov, 2022
- Format: virtual meetings, flexible schedule determined by mentor and mentee
- Mentoring kickoff meeting: July 25, 2022
- Match with up to one primary mentee: 3hrs per month commitment
- Match with up to two secondary mentees: 1hr per month commitment per mentee
Expertise and Backgrounds Sought
Bootcamp participants will be learning to refine their start-up pitch, identify markets and investors, and start a healthy aging business. We are seeking mentors with expertise in entrepreneurship, investing, product development, digital health, or science and technology related to healthy aging and Alzheimer’s disease.
In addition, NIA is prioritizing outreach to groups underrepresented in life sciences entrepreneurship. Mentoring relationships with individuals of shared backgrounds and experiences are especially beneficial to mentee success, so we are especially excited to recruit mentors with unique or underrepresented backgrounds.