1. Thank you for your interest in The Bridge Ministry program
- Acceptable candidates for The Bridge Ministry are men 18 years or older who are struggling with life-controlling issues and are seeking answers to help them live a productive life. They must understand they are coming into a Christian faith-based program, understand our policies, and be willing to commit to an 18-month program.
- Read and understand the Student Handbook.
- Personal interviews are required for every applicant.
- Applications more than sixty days old are no longer valid. Applicant must submit a completely new application, including results from re-administered medical tests, etc.
PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION
- Provide two copies of a current, official identification (driver’s license, Social Security card, military ID, or current passport) with this application and present the original to The Bridge Ministry staff upon entry into the program.
- Submit two photographs that are no more than sixty days old and no larger than 3x5 inches. These are for identification purposes and will not be returned. Polaroid and passport photographs are acceptable.
- All legal matters must be settled before acceptance.
- Provide a complete criminal history and/or pre-sentence report.
- The Bridge Ministry will not accept anyone convicted of, or with pending charges for, the following crimes: robbery (special consideration will be given after details are made available); sexual crimes of any kind; possession of a firearm or assault with a weapon; murder; attempt to kill; malicious wounding; and/or multiple assault charges. In certain situations, specific charges with mitigating circumstances can be discussed. A photograph of the applicant and a copy of official identification will be sent to the Buckingham County Sheriff’s Department.
- We cannot accept applicants with an illness or disability that requires continuous medication or medical supervision, or which prevents them from full participation in the program.
- All applicants must submit certified medical test results for HIV, tuberculosis, and hepatitis A, B, and C. These results should be sent directly from the medical institution performing these tests.
- In special circumstances to be approved by the Executive Director, an individual may be allowed on the facility without prior health screening. In this case, the applicant is required to pay a non-refundable $350 fee by cashier’s check or money order to cover the cost of these tests.
The Bridge Ministry charges no fees to participants. If a family member or loved one would like to make a tax-deductible donation to support the program, they can at www.bridgeministry.info.