Thanks for your interest in the Superintendent search process. The Cambridge School Committee welcomes community involvement and is seeking to convene a Superintendent Search Interview Committee (SSIC) representative of stakeholders in the Cambridge Public Schools to screen candidate resumes and conduct preliminary interviews of candidates for the position of Superintendent of Schools. The Superintendent Search Interview Committee is one of several important ways in which members of the Cambridge Public Schools community will have voice in the Superintendent search and selection process. Please refer to the Superintendent Search webpage at www.cpsd.us to keep informed of other ways in which you may be involved.
INTERVIEW COMMITTEE COMPOSITION: The Superintendent Search Interview Committee will be comprised of three (3) members of the Cambridge School Committee and representatives of the following stakeholder groups for a total of 16-18 members:
(3)* Educational representatives: 2 teachers and 1 Principal representing Grades K-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
(3) City-wide Parent representatives (1) K-5, (1) 6-8, (1) CRLS).
(2) Non-profit Community Partner representatives.
(2) Representatives of Higher Education.
(2) Business Related representatives (STEAM and Partnership experience).
(1) * Cabinet representative.
(1) * City Manager designee.
(1) Independent Diversity/Affirmative Action representative.
* These representatives will be selected by their representative groups. Other members of the Interview Comittee will be selected by School Committee representatives with the goal of a broadly representative and diverse Interview Committee reflective of our schools, our students, and our community as a whioe.
MEETING DATES: The Superintendent Search Interview Committee (SSIC) will convene on Tuesday, September 29 to review resumes, and on Monday, October 5 and Tuesday, October 6, 2015 to conduct candidate interviews. Those selected to serve on the Superintendent Search Interview Committee must be available all day as well as during the evening on those dates to fulfill the full slate of SSIC responsibilities.
DEADLINE FOR SELF-NOMINATION: If you are interested in being considered for participation on the Superintendent Search Interview Committee, please complete and submit this on-line Self-Nomination form. Self-Nomination forms in paper-form are available from the Office of the Cambridge School Committee, 459 Broadway, Cambridge. MA. All Self-Nomination forms must be received by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 11, 2015 to be eligible for consideration.
Questions regarding the Superintendent search process may be emailed to Supersearch2015@cpsd.us, or directed to Barbara Allen, Superintendent Search Liaison, at 617-349-6441.
We appreciate your interest and extend our thanks for your support as we work collaboratively to achieve academic excellence and social justice for all Cambridge children.
The Cambridge School Committee