Learning Opportunity: Community Oral Health Transformation (COrHT) Initiative in North Carolina
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation in partnership with the North Carolina Oral Health Collaborative and CareQuest Institute for Oral Health, seeks to identify participants in a learning community of up to 14 dental clinics to support the advancement of prevention-focused, value-based, whole-person oral health care in North Carolina.
This opportunity is specifically designed for safety-net clinics (up to 12 will be included) with an established dental practice and a limited number of private practices (up to two will be included). All participating clinics must have a minimum payer mix of 15% Medicaid.
Additional eligibility considerations:
- A local health department, community-based nonprofit organization that is exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or private practice with a payer mix of 15 % or greater Medicaid
- A minimum of three operatories
- Provide comprehensive care
- Use of Electronic Health Record (EHR) -preferred EHRs are: Open Dental, Eaglesoft, Epic, and Dentrix)
In addition to basic eligibility, the following areas are also considered critical success factors:
- Alignment among leadership, providers, and staff concerning continuous learning and clinical and administrative improvement
- The ability to engage two to three individuals who will serve as the Site Implementation Team — attending the virtual and face-to-face sessions and providing leadership on a day-to-day basis at the clinic to implement new practices
- Staff buy-in (clinical and administrative)
- Commitment to interdisciplinary practice (e.g., partnership with primary care/behavioral health)
Application Deadline: June 2, 2022, by 5:00 p.m. EST