Empowerment Matters and Irwin Mitchell Solicitors Care Act Workshop
Are you prepared for the Care Act?
Following the success of our Care Act & Advocacy seminars, working in partnership with Irwin Mitchell law firm, we are pleased to announce a further date in Manchester.
The workshop will be relevant to advocates or others who support individuals.
They will cover:
• Information about the legal framework, focusing on the Act’s practical application
• The ‘Well-being’ principle and what this means in practice
• Best practice in 'needs assessments' and care & support planning
• How the Care Act will work in practice and options for challenge
• The independent advocate’s role under the Care Act
• Eligibility for advocacy including interface with IMCA
• Supported decision-making
• Top Tips when supporting an individual whose care/support needs are being assessed.
As with our previous workshops, there will be time for participants to have their questions/queries addressed by legal professionals.
Time: 10 - 1pm
Date: 2nd June 2015
Venue: Irwin Mitchell office Manchester, 27 Quay Street, Manchester M3 3GY