Thank you for taking the time to nominate your fellow professional for one of the following awards. Please refer to www.pcr.org/awards for complete award criteria:
1. WOC Nurse of the Year - Nominees for the WOC Nurse of the Year may be recognized for their generosity and dedication to WOC Nursing by extending themselves far beyond the demands of their employment positions to give of themselves to their colleagues.
Four focus areas:
Mentorship Focus, Professional Education Focus, Patient Education Focus, Excellence in Writing or Research Focus
2. Rising Star/Rookie of the Year - Breaking into a field and being successful is no easy task. There are however, outstanding new WOC Nurses who possess such a commitment to their new roles that they far exceed the expectations of their employers or colleagues within a very short time. These WOC Nurses are our future leaders. They are the “Rising Stars” of our organization. The PCR wishes to recognize the effort and dedication this entails with our “Rising Star Award”.
3. Rep of the Year - As WOC Nurses, we realize that to be successful in our practices, we rely heavily on our representatives who provide various types of support, from product information to educational literature. Many of our representatives go “above and beyond” the requirements of their jobs to offer extra support and encouragement to our members. It is our desire to recognize those representatives and provide them with a token of our appreciation
4. Manufacturer/Distributor of the Year - As WOC Nurses, we realize that to be successful in our practices, we rely heavily on Manufacturers/Distributors who provide various types of support, such as the development and distribution of tools to make our jobs more efficient, financial backing for educational programs, and assistance with fundraisers. We also appreciate their willingness to be present at our meetings and to keep us updated on the latest products and services. It is our desire to recognize those Manufacturers and Distributors who go out of their way to assist us in our everyday tasks by providing them with a token of our appreciation
5. Lifetime Achievement - In order to give special recognition to a colleague with a Lifetime of Achievement in WOC Nursing, PCR will periodically present this prestigious award to an individual, who by virtue of experience and contribution to PCR/WOCN and the society of WOC Nurses have clearly demonstrated a lifetime of accomplishments in the field
(Presidents Award is nominated by the BOD and awarded by the President)