Robert A. Schuele Scholarship
The Robert A. Schuele Scholarship Fund was established to honor the life of a friend, a family man, and a business professional. The intention of the Robert A. Schuele Scholarship Fund is to grant a scholarship award in an amount that will secure the attendance of a student at a major college or university in Michigan. The Trustees are searching for an applicant who has outstanding character, demonstrated commitment to academic studies, significant financial need and who will take advantage of the mentoring and networking resources the Trustees intend to offer to maximize the recipient's educational experience.
A single scholarship will be granted to a high school student entering a full-time program of college study in 2020. Scholarship funds shall be used only for college tuition, fees, room and board, and books and materials. Funds granted are not required to be repaid, except as hereinafter set forth. The Scholarship will be given on an equal opportunity basis. The criteria for selecting the recipient shall be at the discretion of the Trustees.
To apply for the Robert A. Schuele Scholarship, applicants shall be required to meet the following minimum criteria:
1. At least a 2.3 (on a 4.0 scale) cumulative high school G.P.A. (or its equivalent, to be submitted as a sealed transcript) or an 18 composite A.C.T. score; or scores of 400 or more in each of the following SAT categories: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) and Math.
2. Demonstrate need for financial assistance;
3. Commit to full-time college student status;
4. Unrestricted academic standing with the university or college with which courses will be taken (e.g., no academic suspensions) is required as a result of this scholarship; and,
5. A high school senior in Wayne, Oakland & Macomb Counties or an applicant invited by a member of the Robert A. Schuele Scholarship Committee or a member in good standing of the Metro Detroit Youth Clubs.
Students shall register for classes in accordance with university procedures and the Fund shall pay tuition funds to the university directly, on behalf of the student. At the end of each academic term, each scholarship recipient shall submit a college transcript, showing grades from the term just completed, to the Fund’s Board of Trustees. Additionally, by the 5th of every month the recipient will submit by email a written monthly status report and financial report. In order to continue receiving the scholarship grant for the next academic term, the student must attain at least a 3.0 G.P.A. for the preceding term paid for by the Fund. Transcripts for qualification or re-qualification for subsequent semester awards should be submitted no later than fifteen (15) days following the end of the semester. The Trustees may have additional reporting requirements that will be designed to support the personal and academic success of the applicant.
Any student, who withdraws from a class during the academic term, shall be required to reimburse the Fund for the tuition cost for the class from which he or she withdrew. Once enrolled, students are unable to transfer to another college or university and retain the scholarship. Any student who is found to have provided false information on his or her scholarship application form shall be liable for the full cost of the scholarship used. These conditions may be waived at the sole discretion of the Board of Trustees.
Questions can be directed by email to:
Brett Tillander, CEO/President
Metro Detroit Youth Clubs
1545 East Lincoln
Royal Oak, Michigan 48067
248.544.4166 ext. 114
Tuesday, April 20th @ 9 PM (Eastern)
email materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org