2021 NLIHC POLICY FORUM ORGANIZING AWARDS
NLIHC is accepting nominations for the 2021 Annual Organizing Awards. The Organizing Awards recognize outstanding achievement in statewide, regional, citywide, community, neighborhood, and resident/tenant organizing during 2020 that furthers NLIHC’s mission of achieving socially just public policy to ensure people with the lowest incomes in the U.S. have affordable and decent homes.
- Consideration will only be given to nominations that conducted organizing around a campaign or issue that furthers NLIHC's mission (above) and not on general organizational achievements.
- Special consideration will be given to nominations that incorporate resident/tenant-centered organizing and leadership.
- Nominated organizations must be current NLIHC members.
- Organizations may self-nominate.
- NLIHC board members and Award Committee members may not nominate an organization with which they are employed or affiliated.
- The award selection committee will choose two award recipients for different types of achievement. Generally speaking, one award will recognize statewide or regional achievements, and one award will recognize citywide or neighborhood achievements.
NLIHC will provide two representatives of each honored organization complimentary Forum registrations and one hotel room for the next in-person convening.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 15, 2021 BY 5:00PM ET
More information can be found at http://www.nlihcforum.org
Questions? Email Olivia Arena at firstname.lastname@example.org